Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I AM FREE

My divorce became final at 9AM this morning. I confronted my now ex on the girlfriend he has had since last summer (I found a picture of them when they had gone hiking when I was home recuperating from my surgery). No big deal to me as I had already given up on the marriage by then. I was just biding my time until I could leave (and making sure I had the surgery when I had the insurance). Once I gave him the picture he refused to look at me or talk to me. Chicken shit.

My landlord has a different 2 bedroom apt that is on the first floor and is super close to work that I am looking at in the morning. I am really hoping I like it as I would love to be able to walk to work on nice days. Exercise!

My daughter was a total wench this morning. I refused to sit around and wait for her to get her butt in gear so I left for work without her. Let her walk. We live 7/10's of a mile from her school so it isn't a big deal. Just slushy and messy walking. Tomorrow - she is walking again. And she will be told to get herself up and ready. If she is ready to leave when I am I will bring her to school. Otherwise - have a nice walk.

I am tired of people walking all over me and expecting me to just suck up and take it. I am not going to do that anymore. I don't care who you are. Not going to do it. My best friend from high school calls me when she has a TV problem. This time the TV I "Sold" her (that has yet to be paid for - 5 yrs later) is dying. She now wants me to get her a TV from Work (we get things at cost here) and not tell the boss it is for her. NOPE. Sorry. Won't do it. I gave her two TV's (not paid for) that I had to pay for when I got them (used but still) and I refuse to help her out that way again.

Had car problems Tuesday during the snow storm. Had my dad put a new starter in the car so it will run again. Next Tuesday he is putting in a new wheel bearing in the driver side rear. After that and the cost of the movers I am hiring (I refuse to move the big furniture from the third floor again) I am saving as much as I can as quickly as I can to get a new(er) car. It is time. I have had my baby for almost 7 yrs now and she is starting to show her age. The repairs are starting to outweigh the cost of replacing her. I will miss my car.

Work is good. Busy most days, quite others. Lets me get caught up on paperwork I put off when it is busy.

Other than that, not much is going on in my little part of the world.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Congrats on the divorce. I am really disappointed to hear that he had a gf while you were still there. And to be running around while you were having surgery? Don't get me started.

I agree that you should cut out the "Tread on me" policy. Your friend with the TV issues doesn't sound like much of a friend.

Kids go through that attitude stage, don't they? Good for you for making her walk. Whenever Paige cops the attitude, I cut it off at the knees. She occasionally makes the mistake of giving it to me in front of others, thinking I won't call her on it. She quickly figured out that I don't appreciate being set up - and I'll be even nastier with an audience, just because it pisses me off.

Have a great weekend, and get some good R & R!