Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This is the year to get things done




I have decided after much thinking and pondering that this year - 2010 - will be my year to get things done.




That means that:


1. Bills will be paid off and not reaccumulated


2. Weight loss will recommence


3. Money will be saved


4. New(er) car will be purchased


5. Nice vacation will be taken


#1 - I have already started. I used a good portion of my income tax refund to pay off a bunch of smaller bills and start on the medical bills. Those will be paid in full by fall and I will be done with all past due bills. My student loan (which I manage to get deferred) will be paid on as the other bills are paid off. Going to do the rolling debt paydown method. Basically - when you pay off a bill that amount now goes towards the student loan with the regular monthly payment that I will be making even though it is is deferment.

#2 - Since I have been pretty sick these past 2 weeks I haven't had much of an appetite so the weight has started coming off. I have gotten rid of a ton of junk food in my house and replaced it with healthier food. Next step when the cold finally goes away enough so I can breathe normally again is to start walking. Alot

#3 & #4 - $1000.00 is being transferred into savings today. My car doesn't need the huge repair that we thought it did so the money I had put aside from tax refund will now go into savings towards a new(er) car. Now that the bills are pretty much all caught up and most are paid ahead and paid off and child support has all reverted to arrears for Donny and Chelsea that is an extra 580.00 per month that goes into savings.

#5 - My vacation to Idaho (and maybe Missouri to see Kerry). I am planning on going the beginning of August but may have to put it off for awhile if I don't have a new(er) car by then. I don't want to push Maxi (my maxima) and end up stuck somewhere between NH and Idaho with no one I trust to fix my car. I will get there.



I am determined. And when I am determined I don't let anything get in my way. Ever.
I retitled and registered the car today. Jimsgrl is GONE and OK - KID is now here. Cost me $195.33 which sucked but at least it is done and I don't have to worry about doing it again until either November or when I get a new(er) car.
I only owe $205.00 on my new couch (including the 10.00 delivery fee) and that will be paid off hopefully next week or the week after. I think I did pretty good with that. It was $1034.95 on sale. I paid $309.95 cash. Panasonic and Sony paid the rest from the Spiff money I earned. I can't complain. It is a great couch and will last me for years now that the three oldest kids are on their own and KK is 12 and hopefully old enough to know better than to do silly things (like paint) on it.
I feel good about things right now. I see my life going in the direction I want it to go in. Finally. It is sad that James did not want to go in the same direction with me but I am happy now. Satisfied with my life and my decisions.
It is time for me to live the way I want to. To do things for ME. To plan for MY future.

No comments: